“Dula has possibly the best arm we will ever see in the USPBL,” said the leagues’s director of baseball operations. The 26-year-old righty has arm talent that Milwaukee will look to refine. He has struggled with pitch location but showed flashes of his potential last year (49K in 31 IP).
Chris Dula is the 26th United Shore Professional Baseball Leagues (USPBL) Player to ink a major league deal since it formed in 2016. He is the second RHP that The Crew has signed from The USPBL this offseason.
The only time Chris saw consistent action was in 2015 with Rangers (A) Ball. In 43.2 innings he had a K/9 of 8.24 but an equally impressive BB/9 of 8.04 (!). If you look at the rest of his numbers it gets worse. The thing to keep in mind is his sample size is very small. Again, he is a project:While the righty is a long-shot, his potential is fun to consider.
In an interview with The Detroit News on 12/18/2018, Dula gave Milwaukee an early chance to get acquainted:
Get to know Chris Dula:
1. I start every day eating a Pop-Tart for breakfast (preferably brown sugar cinnamon).
2. I have been married for four years to my wonderful wife Kaitlyn.
3. In college, I was primarily an infielder and only pitched five innings in three years.
4. Before coming to the USPBL I played in the Texas Rangers organization for four seasons, after being drafted by them in 2013.
5. After the 2015 season, I went and played baseball for three months in Australia.
6. My favorite foods to eat are pizza and steak.(besides Pop-Tarts, of course)
7. During the offseason, I enjoy hunting and being outdoors.
8. On off-days during the season, I like to shoot my bow, or find a good place to fish.
9. If it weren’t for sweet tea, I don’t think my body would be able to function. By far the best drink ever.
10. Some of the best advice I have ever received is, “If you don’t like it, play better!
11. With a week of practice, I think I could win the USPBL Home Run Derby.
12. One of my life goals is to own a mountain, and have a house at the very top of it.
13. I like playing video games in my free time, but have actually never played Fortnite.
14. Jon Escobar secretly gave me 2mph to my fastball when he departed the USPBL.
15. I enjoy listening to all kinds of music, but county is probably my favorite.
Categories: Brew News / Injury Updates